The holidays always leave me feeling thankful and blessed. So many of my favourite things are compressed into two lovely weeks of family, friends, good food, amazing conversations, and music.
Here are five of many “rain drops on roses”:
1. Friends coming back home for the holidays! (ps. BEST welcome home below)
2. Jam sessions with my sister.
3. This scene: The whole family decorating the tree and making cards while Christmas music of all kinds graces the ears and a cinnamony-cocoa scent floats around the room.
4. My neighbour’s peppermint bark! Her recipe’s magic.
5. Tending to my relationship with non-textbook books.
I’ll leave you with a line from one of my favourite Holiday movies:
Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?
– Clarence (It’s a Wonderful Life)
Hope your days are merry and bright!